Thursday, October 29, 2015

Crushing those carbohydrate cravings

It's another day of striving towards a healthy lifestyle. Now that I have gotten over the shock of the fact that I have Diabetes, things have started to move towards a better life. I really thought that I would have cravings for bread, pasta, and rice. With a little self talk on how large amounts of these things are death to me, I don't seem to want them.
So what have I been using as side dishes? I hate to say it but there are so many different foods out there, a person just has to try to find things that they like. Here are some of my favorites

  • Spinach, Tomato, String Cheese Salad with a home made dressing
  • Spinach, Avocado, Pico De Gallo Salad
  • Steamed Spinach
  • Steamed greens with pine nuts
  • Steamed greens with sliced nuts
  • Kitchen Sink Salad
  • Grilled Mushrooms drizzled with olive oil
  • Asian Salad of Broccoli, Carrots, Onions, Mayo, and Raisins
  • Cucumbers, Carrots, and Onions marinated in vinegar
  • Fake Mash Potatoes - Cali-flower steamed/Mashed mixed with low fat sour cream
  • Black Beans
  • Lettuce Wraps - Dice vegetables mixed with low fat sour cream wrapped in lettuce leaves
Well this is what is helping me stay healthy. I hope that you will find some things that you like or are willing to try some new things. He're to a healthier you!

No comments:

Post a Comment