Thursday, October 29, 2015

Diabetic Medic chowing down at Cooper's

Are you asking yourself "Where is there a good Bar B Que restaurant near me?" Old Time Pit Bar B Que claims that it's all about the meat. The restaurant does have the largest pit that I have seen. Can it hold up to the taste test. Our friends and family decided to try it out.

Located a short drive from downtown Fort Worth, this Cooper's location is host to thousands of Fort Worth Stockyard fans and tourist each year. Mr. Cooper has been doing bar b que since the 1950's. It's a nice large casual location family and friends to meet. The building and area is nice but how is the customer service.

Food review:
Cooper's has over twelve meat choices, seven side choices, and four different cobblers. I dug into the beef brisket, bake potato, grilled corn, and pecan cobbler. There's free beans, pickles, onions, extra sauce, sliced white bread, and pickled jalapenos at the table.

The beef brisket was so tender that you could cut it with a spoon. It's was so good, I wish I had ordered a half pound of it. The sauce is a sweet vinegar red sauce. Don't get me wrong. It's a nice sauce but I was looking for something more sweet and sticky. 

The grilled corn and potato was a little over peppered on the outside. Once you get past the pepper, both hold a great taste. Be prepare to be full at the end of your potato. They are huge. Plus they come with butter, cheese, bacon, and sour cream. Definitely not something to eat while your on a diet.

The pecan cobbler tasted more like pancakes with pecans in it. It's not something that I would go back for. Though I'm looking forward to trying their apple, blackberry, and peach cobbler.

Customer Service Review:
The staff treat you like family. They know that their customers are their business. When you spoil the customers, they'll definitely return if the food is good. The food is good.

Cleanliness:
Everything is kept clean and tidy. I just wish that the soap dispenser gave out a little more soap. I don't know why only one knob on the sink worked. I didn't like washing my hands with luke warm water. I figure it would be a nightmare for someone who just ate one of Cooper's chickens or beef ribs.

All in all it's a great Bar B Que restaurant near me. I'm glad that my cousin introduced us to it. Be sure to check back often, I'm hoping to review one meat selection and cobbler selection at the end of the month.

The directional stuff:
Cooper's Bar B Que
301 Stockyards Blvd
Fort Worth, Texas 76164
(817)626-6464
www.coopersbbq.com

No comments:

Post a Comment