Tuesday, January 12, 2016

A serious career scare for this EMT

I seriously thought that my career as an EMT and future paramedic was over. I thought I was going to spend the rest of my days in Fort Worth, Texas at an unfulfilling job. Thankfully my job as security/first response is not unfulfilling but I know that it's not going to last forever. Nothing last forever in this world right. I know that my brothers and Sisters in public service know that all too well.

It was the first week of doing squats at the gym. I don't know if it was because of bad form, too much weight on the machine, or not enough cushion between my joints. I'm now dealing with a bad case of Sciatica pressure. The way that the P.A. explained is that two bones are grinding together and pinching the nerve. So I'm on ice patches, heat patches, pain relievers, muscle spasm medication, and rest whenever I can. Ha! That's like asking a three year old kid to sit still.

I just love how other Paramedics like to diagnose illnesses. I can understand that we have that tendency with all the information that we absorb about medicine and the human body. I have this EMT mentor that checks in on me from time to time. Of course I was asked about my chief complaints and symptoms that I was having. 

All I get from this EMT mentor is "see I told you!" Gee thanks ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment