Thursday, January 7, 2016

Delectable dishes for Diabetics at The Mexican Inn Cafe

One of the hardest things for me as The Diabetic Medic is eating out with friends and co-workers. I always have to worry about the carbohydrates that feed my body. Your diet can crumble like a broken china doll when other people make the decision on the restaurant. This is why it's important to make the most optimal choice.

It is my hope that by listing the menu items by the delectable with the least carbs will help you make better choices with your diet.

Burrito Bowl
This is a mixture of Mexican rice, charro beans, shredded lettuce, pico de gallo, corn and your choice of grilled chicken, fajita beef or brisket. All topped with Monterey Jack cheese and scoops of sour cream and homemade guacamole.

I personally would ask them to leave out the Mexican rice and add more beans and lettuce. Since corn is a starchy vegetable, I would ask for more pico de gallo. Of course I'm bias because I love pico de gallo.

Sizzling Fajitas
Your choice of beef, chicken or combination fajitas - served sizzling hot on a bed of sautéed onions and bell peppers, with refried beans, Mexican rice, fresh flour tortillas, sour cream, pico de gallo and your choice of cheese or guacamole.

There are three different things you can do with this meal as a Diabetic. Do not eat the Mexican rice. Do not eat the Tortillas. Or ask for more sautéed onions and bell peppers if you are going to eat the Tortillas.

The Mexican Inn Salad
A large flour tortilla shell layered with homemade chips, our special taco beef, lettuce and tomatoes. Topped with grated cheese and sour cream. Don't eat the shell! Why would you want to eat the shell as a Diabetic. Not only is the tortilla shell full of carbohydrates but it's been fried.

I really do hope that this help with eating at The Mexican Inn Café. I know that I find it hard eating at Mexican restaurants around me as a Diabetic.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment