Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Diabetic Medic eating at The Mexican Inn Cafe

Located at the top of a hill in Fort Worth, Texas is a family ran Mexican restaurant. It has been in business for over thirty years. The Lancaster location has won several Fort Worth Best awards for their fare. Just like Tiffin Hall did I and my friend gamble well with this Mexican restaurant near me?

Quality of food
When a restaurant is good, there is always a couple of menu items that catch a persons attention. Even with cute names like The Tiffin Hall, not a single menu item caught my attention. I decided to go with the Arozzo con Pollo plate. That's chicken and rice for readers that don't speak Spanish.

I do have to say that I was a little bias going into The Mexican Inn Café. I was looking for an authentic Mexican restaurant. I had been to too many restaurants that had been Americanized to attract customers. The Mexican Inn Café claimed that the Arozzo con Pollo is one of the most ordered dishes.

I'm surprised that the claim of greatness was true. The Mexican fare that I did order ended up not really being what I exactly ordered. The chili con queso did not have meat or beans in them. I don't know why the restaurant didn't just call it queso sauce.

The Arozzo con Pollo came with a Chalupa. A Chalupa in an authentic restaurant is usually ingredients like cheese, lettuce, and beans on a fried flat bread. I was not served flat bread. The ingredients were served on a tostada shell. I don't know if they ran out of Chalupa shells because of the time but this was not a happy exchange.

Would I return to Fort Worth Texas Mexican Inn Café? I'm willing to try other menu items. I am happy that this Mexican restaurant does offer a lower fat and lower carbohydrate menu item. So I am willing to at least give this restaurant near me another try.

No comments:

Post a Comment