Friday, February 12, 2016

Dinner Recipe: Spicy Orange Chicken

What's for dinner tonight? Tonight is going to be a very simple night. I thought I was going to do leftovers but when I saw what was left over in the refrigerator, I decided that I wanted something a little more healthy. So tonight we are having Spicy orange grilled chicken with rice.

I had posted on Facebook that my husband was revolting over my control of the finances when he sneaked in a bottle of Panda Express orange sauce. I'm more of a brown sauce or teriyaki sauce type of gal but the bottled Panda Express sauce is not bad. It has a nice balance of heat and sweetness. Plus I like the fact that you don't have to use a lot of the sauce to get a nice coverage over your meat or chicken.

What you will need to make spicy orange chicken and rice:
1 bottle of Panda Express orange sauce
chicken breast
steamed white rice

Marinate chicken breast in the panda express orange sauce for at least one hour. This usually only takes a quarter of the bottle for marinade. 

To start the rice, make sure that you rinse the white rice to insure that the rice doesn't stick together while cooking. Keep rice warm in pot while you grill the chicken.

Grill chicken on medium high heat until pinkness is gone and chicken is tender. I personally like to baste the chicken breast with more orange sauce while it's cooking. Be sure to never use the marinade as a basting sauce to prevent contamination of your food.

Place rice at the bottom of the plate, slice chicken when done and place on top of plate. Drizzle any juices that may be left in the pan over the chicken and rice.

Side dishes that would be great with this would be:
Steamed zucchini, eggplant, and bell peppers
Spinach salad with water chestnuts, shredded carrots, and red onion
Steamed snow peas

No comments:

Post a Comment