Monday, February 15, 2016

Food Review: Fort Worth Oliver's Fine Foods Texas Caviar

What do you think of when you think about the word "Texas Caviar". As a classified Northerner, Texas Caviar was a new term to me. I had stopped into Oliver's Fine Foods for a bag of vegetable chips. I saw that the staff had set out several new dips for the day and I had to get a sample of each.
It's a shame that they didn't have any packaged "Texas Caviar" out or I would have bought some on the spot. Oliver Fine Foods isn't fishy caviar but a marriage of fresh ingredients that make up an enjoyable bean dip.
This bean dip is unlike most because it offers a mixture of diced tomatoes, green pepper, onions, jalapenos, and black eyed peas. It offers a mild spice to the taste buds. One could compare "Texas Caviar" to it's cousin Pico de Gallo.
Though this Oliver product is a little pricy per pound. The price does seem normal for most of the items in the store. I could see using this Texas Caviar as a dip, nacho topping, and replacement for salad dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment