Thursday, February 18, 2016

Food Review: Trader Joes Honey Roasted Pumpkin Raviolli

Last night I was looking for something easy to cook for dinner and thought I would stop by Trader Joes. The store usually has some great new items each time their fearless flyer comes out and I don't mind being a little fearless with food myself. Will hubby enjoy Trader Joes Honey Roasted Pumpkin Ravioli? I guess another bag at $3.49 is in order.

Trader Joes Honey Roasted Pumpkin Ravioli are soft pockets of blended pumpkin, honey, molasses  brown sugar, ricotta and mozzarella cheese. Trader Joes suggested that some browned butter in a pan would be a sauce to be served with these raviolis. I would also like to suggest a sprinkling of grated Asiago cheese. Even though the Trader Joes product is filled with the flavors of fall already, the sprinkling of cheese really brings home that rustic flavor.

At first, I wasn't keen on trying the Pumpkin Ravioli. When fall rolls around, it seems that everyone has some kind of pumpkin item. Everyone also tends to go to the sweeter or dessert side of pumpkin recipes. My fear was that this was going to be the case with this Trader Joes product. I was fearful that I was going to end up with a bowl of sweetness wrapped in pasta dough.

Thank goodness that was not the case. The Trader Joes Honey Raosted Pumpkin Ravioli actually turned out to be a decent meal. Along with a small salad and some fresh bread, this meal produced one happy full tummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment