Thursday, February 11, 2016

New Dinner Recipe: Family Night Burritos

Are you asking yourself tonight "What's for dinner?" If that commercial we all hear from the beef industry comes to mind then you are right. Beef is what's for dinner at Two Married Foodies. I'm in the mood to try new recipes, so tonight I thought I would try family night burritos. I obtained the recipe out of Crock Pot magazine October 2009 issue #44.

It's a great recipe to try if you like spicy and tender meat. I was a little hesatent because my husband normally doesn't like foods that have a lot of heat. Each individual can always cool the heat from the salsa down with things like sour cream, guacamole, or extra rice in the family night burritos. I really liked this recipe and this is one meal that I will be making over again. I may even plan to make a whole bunch of them and put them in the freezer. This way if my husband and I are working long hours then we won't have to worry about cooking.

What you will need to make family night burritos:
1 boneless beef chuck shoulder roast (2 to 3 pounds)
1 Jar or 24 ounces of home made salsa
8 flour tortillas, warmed.

This recipe makes 8 servings. Suggestive toppings are dice black olives, shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, diced tomatoes, diced onions, guacamole, diced green onions.

Place roast in slow cooker and top with salsa. You will want to cover the pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours. 

Remove the beef from the slow cooker and shred with 2 forks. Return to cooking liquid and mix well. Cover and cook for 1 to 2 hours longer or until heated through.

Serve shredded beef wrapped in the warm tortillas and let your family top with the ingredients that they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment