Friday, March 4, 2016

EMS Life in a year!

I can't believe that I will be telling the EMS and Diabetic community that I'm 44. Everyone else in my community too! What a difference that a year makes. It's amazing at what can be accomplished in a year. I just wanted to take a few minutes and several words to celebrate it.

In a year I have:
Become an EMT B
Started working on becoming an EMT A
Lost 118 pounds
Started working on losing another 100 pounds of  body fat
Got out of an unhappy Marriage
Celebrated being at a job that I love for two years
Have my Diabetes under control


Now of course there have been some struggles too:
I lost my friend of 14 years
I lost another friend to suicide
Had some other medical issues
I never got the nerve to ask the FW Police Officer that I had a crush on out for coffee.

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, right?

What do I plan for my next 365 days?
I want to be in the next Cowtown marathon
I'll be at the Fire-Rescue St. Patricks Day run
Get further involved in my community
Buy a car
Move to a better neighborhood in FW Texas.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment