Sunday, April 17, 2016

My deltoid is on fire!

I wish I could say that I'm in pain because I was breaking up a fight at work. Or obtained the injury from picking up a patient at work. The truth is that I woke up with the pain in my Deltoids. It's so painful that picking up a 12 ounce can of soda hurts. I have a feeling that I'm dealing with this kind of pain because I wrestled in my dreams a week ago.

Now I'm dealing with frustration. I've missed a week of work. I know this is something that is not of my control but I do not like missing work. We are already short staffed at work. This puts a strain on the team. Every time I miss work for a medical reason I always feel like I'm going to lose my job. Even though it's a serious medical reason, I am still uneasy.

I am also the type of person that doesn't like to depend on other people. Sure I'll depend on you if your part of my team at work. When it comes to personal stuff. I like to do it on my own. I've been this way since childhood. In truth, I had to be this way as a child because I was taking care of myself most of the time. Yes, I was one of those 80's latchkey kids that attended to my studies till Mom came home from her shift.

I'm so dependent on someone else that it's driving me crazy. It's like being a child. I can't cook for myself unless I can throw the food into the microwave. Forget about putting on a bra and shirt myself. Oh let's add socks and shoes unless I want to be in pain. I can't even pull a blanket over my body. 

So let's just say that this Medic is not a happy camper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment